President Trump Just Signed a Law That Radically Changes Life for Airline Passengers, Flight Attendants, and Airlines (Almost Nobody Even Noticed)
In the middle of the Supreme Court fight, the White House held a Friday afternoon signing ceremony for this giant, 1,200-page new law
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 7, 2018 - by Bill Murphy Jr.Contributing editor, Inc.com
But it is striking, given that Congress passed this bill at literally 2:52 in the morning on a Saturday two weeks ago, that it would also be signed at the White House in relative obscurity
- Prohibits airlines from "bumping" passengers who've already boarded a plane.
- Requires the FAA to set minimum standards for seat width and seat pitch.
- Establishes minimum standards for how much rest time flight attendants get between shifts.
- Makes it illegal to store a dog or other animal in an overhead bin.
- Prohibits passengers from using mobile phones to make voice calls during flight.
- Bans e-cigarettes from planes.
- Requires airlines to refund passengers for "services they paid for but did not receive."
- Mandates that airlines must allow passengers to check strollers if they are traveling with small children.
- Requires the government to look into whether it's "unfair or deceptive " when airilnes say flights are delayed due to weather, when there are actually other factors involved.
- Lets the FAA require airlines to let pregnant women board airplanes first.
- Creates a task force to study sexual harassmentand misconduct among airline employees.
- Increases the penalties for interfering with cabin crew or flight crew.
- Requires the FAA to consider whether to allow supersonic airplanes over the continental U.S.
- Allows the Justice Department, Homeland Security, and other federal law enforcement to hack or shoot down privately owned drones if they deem them a threat.
- Also requires the FAA to work on regulations to allow "regular flights of package-delivery drones," like what Amazon wants to do.
- Authorizes $1.68 billion for relief for Hurricane Florence, which hit the Carolinas last month.
- Requires the FAA to set up an "Office of Spaceports."
- Tells the FAA to set up an "aviation consumer advocate," so that when you have something bad happen to you on an airplane, and you don't know who to tell, you'll have at least have someone to complain to.
PS: You want to help Fliegerfaust? Do each of the following and you will have!
Painless and quick to do!
- 1- Subscribe to the Free Newsletter. Do it now!
- 2- Like Fliegerfaust Facebook page!
- 3- Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page!
- 4- Follow Fliegerfaust on Instagram!
- 5- Follow TheFliegerfaust twitter account!
Thanks to you for reading and sharing Fliegerfaust with others!
- A220 - Airbus Scrapping Three (3) Already Built Aircraft - Production ... ›
- FAA Directive Calls For Part Changes On 189 PW1100G Engines ... ›
- Exploring the 'Bullshit Castle': Airbus Corruption Scandal May Lead ... ›
- Fiasco with the A320neo aircraft equipped with PW1100G engines ... ›
- China's New Aircraft Tariffs Hit Gulfstream G550, G650, and Boeing ... ›