Exclusive: Boeing Plans 737 MAX Production Restart By May - Sources
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 25, 2020 - by Eric M. Johnson for reuters.com
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N) plans to restart 737 MAX production by May, ending a months-long halt triggered by a safety ban on its best-selling jet after fatal crashes, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
Boeing's planning hinges on the scale of disruptions from the fast spreading coronavirus, and U.S. regulators clearing the 737 MAX to return to service, a milestone Boeing still expects to reach in mid-2020.
One industry source said Boeing has asked some suppliers to be ready to ship 737 parts in April. Another person said production was planned to restart in May.
A third person said coronavirus is throwing a wrench in Boeing's plans - they had initially hoped for April, but that fell to May...
- Rags, tools and other debris found in fuel tanks of undelivered 737 ... ›
- Boeing 737 MAX 8 - Trying To Do New With Old... - The Makeshift ... ›
- Indian IT Companies Blamed for Boeing 737 MAX Crisis; HCL ... ›
- Who developed the Boeing 737 MAX's flawed software? Low-paid ... ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Crisis Costs US$21B - Boeing Could Have Bought ... ›