Boeing 737 MAX Software Done, But Regulators Plot More Changes After Jet's Return
The decision to add synthetic airspeed to the 737 Max comes after the company rejected it early in the jet's development.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 12, 2020 - by Jon Ostrower for theaircurrent.com
Boeing, regulators and airlines are cautiously optimistic a conclusion to the grounding of the 737 MAX is realistically — and finally — in sight. That sets the stage for the jet's return to flying around September at the earliest.
All of this is happening while simultaneously plotting further long-term safety improvements to the aircraft to assuage regulator concerns, including adding systems to the MAX that were previously rejected during the jet's initial development.
While a clear path to re-certification has emerged, those close to the process caution that there are still potential pitfalls that may extend the multinational process for re-approving the Boeing jet again for service after it was grounded in March 2019 after two crashes killed 346 people.
One major factor still pacing the final approvals is...
- Boeing Tells Spirit Pauses 737 MAX Fuselage Production ... ›
- The Boeing 737 Max is Now The Deadliest Mainstream Jetliner ... ›
- Indian IT Companies Blamed for Boeing 737 MAX Crisis; HCL ... ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Update - "The Road to Re-Certification" - Explanation - FliegerFaust ›
- The Mysterious Case Of The Air Force's New Strangely Modified Boeing 737 With A Puzzling Past - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA to Publish Inspection Directive for Boeing 737 MAXs - Could Lead To Dual-Engine Power Loss... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Kept FAA In The Dark On KEY 737 MAX Design Changes - U.S. IG report - FliegerFaust ›
- New Boeing 737 MAX Training Includes Changes To 7 Checklists... - FliegerFaust ›
- Wiring Fixes Among Changes FAA Will Require Before Boeing 737 MAX Can Return... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Deliveries Slow To A Trickle, While 737 MAX Cancellations Grow - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Program Leaders Who Approved Flight Control System Say They Didn’t Know Key Details... - FliegerFaust ›
- Resuming Boeing 737 MAX Deliveries - FliegerFaust ›