Boeing Tells Spirit Pauses 737 MAX Fuselage Production
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 11, 2020 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
Spirit Aerosystems, maker of the Boeing 737 fuselages, yesterday said it will lay off 900 workers on the MAX line for three weeks.
"Spirit received a letter from Boeing directing Spirit to pause additional work on four 737 MAX shipsets and avoid starting production on 16 737 MAX shipsets to be delivered in 2020, until otherwise directed by Boeing," the supplier said in a press release.
"Based on the information in the letter, subsequent correspondence from Boeing dated June 9, 2020, and Spirit's discussions with Boeing regarding 2020 737 MAX production, Spirit believes there will be a reduction to Spirit's previously...
- Who developed the Boeing 737 MAX's flawed software? Low-paid ... ›
- The Boeing 737 Max is Now The Deadliest Mainstream Jetliner ... ›
- These Are The Oldest Boeing 737 Aircraft Still Flying... ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Software Done, But Regulators Plot More Changes After Jet's Return - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Update - "The Road to Re-Certification" - Explanation - FliegerFaust ›