Boeing 737 MAX can’t burn fuel with DuPont-made biocide (additive preventing bugs from growing in the tanks)
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
- FAA bans DuPont fuel additive from use in 737 Max
Citing the risk of dual-engine power loss, the US Federal Aviation Administration has prohibited airlines from adding a DuPont-made biocide to the fuel of Boeing 737 Max.
An airworthiness directive effective 15 July requires 737 Max operators to remove fuel treated with the biocide from Max tanks and engines prior to first flight.
The order, which applies to DuPont's "Kathon FP 1.5 biocide", affects 75 737 Max of US registry, nearly the entire delivered US Max fleet.
CFM International Leap-1Bs power 737 Max...
- New Boeing 737 MAX Training Includes Changes To 7 Checklists ... ›
- AMERICAN AIRLINES PUTS LIPSTICK ON A PIG, 737 MAX STYLE ... ›
- NEW Video: Boeing 737 MAX Crashes Immediately After Takeoff ... ›
- Norwegian Claims US$1 Billion+ In Damages From Boeing - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA Plans 45-Day Public Comment Period On Boeing’s 737 MAX; Ungrounding Not Likely Before Mid-October... - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA Warns Boeing 737s Sitting in Storage Are Corroding During the Pandemic... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Aims To Deliver ‘Majority’ Of 450 Stored 737 MAX Within One Year - FliegerFaust ›
- Air Canada Threatens Boeing 737 MAX And Airbus A220 Cancellations - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Officially(ish) Rebrands The 737 MAX - Marketing Did Not Work Too Hard... - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA Will Lift US Grounding of Boeing 737 MAX on Wednesday - November 18 - FliegerFaust ›
- Why I Would Fly The Boeing 737 MAX - read - FliegerFaust ›
- Ryanair Orders 75 737 MAX, Giving Boost To Boeing! - FliegerFaust ›
- Air Canada Boeing 737-8 MAX suffers engine issue - FliegerFaust ›
- News: Boeing faces new hurdle in 737 MAX electrical grounding issue -sources - FliegerFaust ›