Boeing’s Renton Plant May Close From 2033 - Airbus Has The Design For An A220-500...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 10, 2020 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
With Boeing likely to consolidate 787 production in Charleston (SC), reflecting a rate of 6/mo, the future of assembly in Puget Sound rears its head again.
LNA outlined Aug. 3 why Everett is the ideal location to assemble the Next Boeing Airplane (NBA).
Boeing's product line also requires a new airplane in the 100-150 seat sector. Airbus' A220-100/300 and, nominally, the A320neo (but not the A319neo) fill this sector. (The A320neo was originally designed as a 150-seat airplane. It now is commonly configured in the 150-180 seat size.)
Airbus has a design for an A220-500, which could replace the A320.
Read also Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models
Boeing needs an efficient competitor to the current A220 plus a replacement for the 737-7 and...
- What is wrong with the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft? - FliegerFaust ›
- AMERICAN AIRLINES PUTS LIPSTICK ON A PIG, 737 MAX STYLE ... ›
- The Boeing 737 MAX Disaster Could Help Airbus Dominate the ... ›
- Coronavirus | Egypt Air delegation Responsible For the Airbus A220 ... ›
- Why Two EgyptAir A220 Painted All-White? - 100th A220 Delivery ... ›
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- Airbus New A220-500 is the Boeing 737 MAX Killer? - FliegerFaust ›