Boeing Deliveries Slow To A Trickle, While 737 MAX Cancellations Grow
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 12, 2020 - by Dominic Gates for seattletimes.com
- As of end of July:Firm backlog for the 737 MAX = 3,498 airplanes (737 backlog minus 45 military variants)
- Firm backlog for rival Airbus A320neo = 6,065 airplanes
In July, Boeing won no new airplanes orders, delivered just four commercial jets and wiped 52 more orders from the backlog for its grounded 737 MAX.
When the manufacturer on Tuesday updated its orders and deliveries website, it revealed a continuation of the collapse of business since the coronavirus pandemic hit the airlines in March.
With international air networks all but paralyzed and domestic routes at a fraction of normal passenger traffic despite a slight recovery, many Boeing airline customers have deferred existing deliveries into the future and avoided new orders.
Boeing's four commercial airplane deliveries in July were all out of its Everett widebody jet plant: a 767 freighter for FedEx, a 777 freighter for DHL, and two 787-9 passenger jets, one for Air France and...
- Must See Video: The Economics That Made Boeing Build the 737 Max ›
- COMPLETE VIDEO: Rogue Boeing 737 Max planes 'with minds of ... ›
- NEW Video: Boeing 737 MAX Crashes Immediately After Takeoff ... ›
- Boeing 737 MAX Software Done, But Regulators Plot More Changes ... ›
- AMERICAN AIRLINES PUTS LIPSTICK ON A PIG, 737 MAX STYLE ... ›