Boeing Admits!! Again, Another New Quality Issue On The 787 And Tallies More 737 MAX Cancellations To...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 8, 2020 - by Dominic Gates for www.seattletimes.com
Boeing on Tuesday disclosed a new manufacturing quality issue with the 787 Dreamliner, this time with assembly of the airplane's horizontal tail in Salt Lake City. The disclosure comes after last week's revelations of quality control problems at Boeing's South Carolina plant affecting the 787's aft fuselage.
Boeing also released data Tuesday showing the tally of lost 737 MAX orders this year is now approaching 1,000 jets.
During fabrication in Salt Lake of the 787's horizontal tail — known as the stabilizer — engineers discovered earlier this year that "certain components were clamped together during the build process with greater force than specified," potentially leaving the structure with...
- Boeing Officially(ish) Rebrands The 737 MAX - Marketing Did Not ... ›
- Did you see this? Video: Boeing's Reaction on Delta Ordering A220 ... ›
- Boeing, FAA Grapple With a Fourth 787 Dreamliner Production Flaw... - FliegerFaust ›
- Collapsed Hybrid-Electric Planemaker Zunum Sues Former Partner Boeing, Alleging Misuse Of Trade Secrets - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Loses More Orders... - FliegerFaust ›
- Conserving CASH, Boeing Awards Stock Instead Of Pay Raises To Nonunion Employees To Stop The Cash Bleed - FliegerFaust ›
- Big loss for 2020 for Boeing; $6.5bn Charge For 777X-Delivery Now Late 2023; 737 MAX Cleared by EASA - FliegerFaust ›