Boeing 737 MAX Crash Reveals A Severe Problem With Older Boeing 737 NGs
Some 7,000 were build and most of them are still flying...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 28, 2019 - by
The fleet of Boeing 737 MAX planes will stay out on the ground longer than anticipated.
Boeing promised a new software package to correct the severe problems with its Maneuver Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS). The delivery was supposed to be ready in April. A month later it has still not arrived at the Federal Aviation Agency where it will take at least a month to certify it. The FAA will not be the only one to decide when the plane can come back into the flight line. Other country's agencies will do their own independent review and will likely take their time.
The 737 MAX incident also revealed a problem with older generations of the 737 type of plane that is only now coming into light. Simulator experiments (video) showed that the recovery procedures Boeing provided for the case of a severe mistrim of the plane is not sufficient to bring the plane back under control. The root cause of that inconvenient fact does not lie with the 737 MAX but with its predecessor, the Boeing 737 Next Generation or NG.
This was known in pilot circles for some time but will only now receive wider public attention
Here is a detailed explanation why the FAA is now looking into the pilot training for older 737 types.
The 737 NG (-600/-700/-800/-900) was the third generation derivative of the 737 and followed the 737 Original (-100/-200) and Classic (−300/-400/-500) series. The first NG flew in 1997. Some 7,000 were build and most of them are still flying.
Two technical modifications that turned out to be a problem during the recent incidents occurred during the redesign of the 737 Classic into the New Generation series.
In the NG series a new Flight Management Computer (FMC) was added to the plane. (The FMC helps the pilots to plan and manage the flight. It includes data about airports and navigation points. It differs from the two Flight Control Computers in that it has no control over physical elements of the plane.)...
- Video - The real reason Boeing's New Plane Crashed Twice ... ›
- inside Boeing's disaster 737 MAX aircrafts... ›
- COMPLETE VIDEO: Rogue Boeing 737 Max planes 'with minds of ... ›
- Boeing Whistleblower Alleges Systemic Problems With 737 MAX - FliegerFaust ›
- WHY HAS CHINA SOUTHERN BEEN FLYING A ‘BOEING 737 MAX’ FOR NINE MONTHS? - FliegerFaust ›
- Europe And Canada Regulators Demand Substantial New Changes To Boeing 737 MAX Flight Controls - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing 737 MAX No Return In Service Before First Quarter 2021 - FliegerFaust ›
- New Boeing 737 MAX Training Includes Changes To 7 Checklists... - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA Warns Boeing 737s Sitting in Storage Are Corroding During the Pandemic... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Aims To Deliver ‘Majority’ Of 450 Stored 737 MAX Within One Year - FliegerFaust ›