Only 8 737 MAX Simulators In The US - Boeing, reversing itself, says all 737 MAX pilots will need costly flight simulator training
Thousands of pilots need training...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 7, 2020 - by Dominic Gates for seattletimes.com
Boeing on Tuesday reversed its long-held position that pilots would not need full flight simulator training before flying the 737 MAX after the jet is cleared to return to service.
"Boeing has decided to recommend MAX simulator training combined with computer-based training for all pilots prior to returning the MAX safely to service," interim Boeing CEO Greg Smith said in a statement.
He added that the change in approach was spurred because "public, customer and stakeholder confidence in the 737 MAX is critically important to us."
The prospect of extensive simulator training now adds another big logistical hurdle before the MAX can resume commercial flights. There are only 34 full-motion MAX simulators in the world, eight of them in the U.S., and tens of thousands of pilots who will need time on one.
Boeing's change in direction was spurred by the results of four days of testing in Seattle last month, when Boeing ran pilots from American Airlines,...
- We worked with a 737 training examiner in a Boeing 737 simulator ... ›
- Boeing 737 Max Simulators Are in High Demand. They Are Flawed ... ›
- New Microsoft Flight Simulator - FliegerFaust ›
- FAA: Simulator Sessions Not Needed For Updated Boeing MAX ... ›
- Tokyo Hotel Offers Room With A Full-Size Boeing 737 Flight Simulator ›