Ethiopian Airlines reveals pilot's last request from doomed Boeing 737 Max 8 flight
March 13, 2019 - By: Lauren McMah for www.nzherald.co.nz/
Tewolde GebreMariam said the last communication to captain Yared Getachew was relayed at 8.44am, local time, the minute the Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashed in a field just six minutes after leaving the airport in Addis Ababa.
"According to the air traffic controller's recorded voice exchange, the pilot recorded flight control problems, so he was having difficulties with the flight control of the aeroplane," GebreMariam told CNN.
"He asked to return back to base, and clearance was given to him...
- The Boeing 737 Max is Now The Deadliest Mainstream Jetliner ... ›
- AA Flight Attendants Agree: the 737 MAX Bathrooms Are Too Small ... ›
- FAA evaluates a potential design flaw on Boeing's 737 MAX after ... ›
- Witnesses report strange noise from the crashed Ethiopian Boeing ... ›
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Live updates - CNN ›