Low Cost Carrier Avatar Airlines Wants To Order 30 Boeing 747-8s - Latest Model
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 17, 2020 - by Laura Ash for simpleflying.com
A new American carrier is challenging the low-cost model by operating a solely jumbo-jet fleet. Avatar Airlines hopes to revive waning interest in Boeing's 747 by bringing it to the ultra-low-cost market. Such a decision prompts us to ask: are jumbo jets the future for low-cost airlines?
And we thought that Boeing's 747 production was ending. Not quite! Last year, we reported that Triumph Aerostructures was planning to terminate operations with the subsequent end of the 747 production line looking likely.
A 747-8 revival?
However, recent developments suggest that the 747 is far from redundant.
On 13 February 2020, EIN Presswire announced that Boeing had received a Letter of Intent from a start-up airline for the acquisition of 30 new 747-8 aircraft.
Avatar Airlines, which operates under the low-cost model, has expressed interest in acquiring brand-new 747 aircraft...
Read more https://simpleflying.com/low-cost-747-8/
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Boeing 747SP (B74S) landing in Montreal ... ›
- Boeing 747 plane abandoned in Hong Kong faces scrapyard but ... ›
- The Boeing 747 Air Force One Is Now Up for Sale for $28 Million ... ›
- The Oldest Boeing 747 of The World Still In Service Says Goodbye ... ›
- Key Russian Air Cargo Customer Sues Boeing Over Widebodies, Highlighting How Coronavirus Shifted Market - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Says It will Continue the 747 Production - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing To End 747 Jumbo Jet Production After More Than 50 Years: Report - FliegerFaust ›