GE9X Engine To Be Installed on new Boeing 777X - Mounted on GE's 747 test bed - Amazing...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
This is the engine that will be installed on the new Boeing 777X. Huge it is! Here it is at position #2 on on this Boeing 747 for testing purpose by GE Aviation.
The final body join of the first flight test aircraft is completed before an early 2019 rollout and a second quarter first flight.
This engine generate a thrust at takeoff of 105,000 lbf (470 kN) and weight 40,000 lbs (18t) with test pylon. The fan diameter is 134 in (340 cm).
The massive #GE9X mounted on @GEAviation 's 747 test bed. Not much clearance! pic.twitter.com/rkuvpgDoyc
— Grumpy747Captain (@747CaptGrumpy) December 29, 2018
- Did you see this? Video: Boeing's Reaction on Delta Ordering A220 ... ›
- A220 Order - "This is a significant blow to Embraer" - AirInsight ... ›
- The big jet behind Everett's big doors: Boeing readies first 777X to ... ›
- Boeing's Newly Announced Business Jet Can Fly You Anywhere ... ›
- How Much Business $ Boeing Gets from Canada? Ah!!! - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing lines up new 777X and 787 orders as it sells off jets once meant for Russian cargo carrier - FliegerFaust ›