Emirates negotiations may deal blow to key Boeing 777X order
Marketing black eye to Boeing
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 16, 2019 - by Dominic Gates for seattletimes.com
PARIS, FRANCE — Giant Gulf airline Emirates, the carrier with the world's largest widebody aircraft fleet and the clout to go with it, is in negotiations with Boeing that could substantially defer part of its massive order for 150 Boeing 777X jets and perhaps replace some with smaller 787 planes.
Emirates president Tim Clark confirmed in an interview Saturday that the 777X renegotiation is approaching conclusion, though the outcome likely won't be announced until the Dubai Air Show in the fall.
The airline represents nearly half the Boeing orders for the new widebody jet. For Emirates, the global champion of giant airplanes, to cancel or defer any of its 777X orders is a marketing black eye that could affect the plane's sales prospects...
- Video: First Boeing 777X Final Body Join - First Flight in 2019 ... ›
- Airbus Wants To Build A 400+ Seat A350 Variant To Rival The ... ›
- Boeing's 777X analyzed, Part 4 - FliegerFaust ›
- The big jet behind Everett's big doors: Boeing readies first 777X to fly ›
- Emirates : More Boeing 777X but no Dreamliner - FliegerFaust ›