Boeing Finds More 787 Quality Defects, Broadens Inspections
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 16, 2020 - by Dominic Gates for www.seattletimes.com
Boeing has expanded the scope of its examination of 787 Dreamliners after finding more widespread instances of a manufacturing quality defect initially thought confined to the aircraft's aft fuselage plant in South Carolina, prompting inspections at 787 component plants around the globe.
Reviews are underway at Boeing's adjacent mid-fuselage plant in North Charleston, S.C., at the Spirit AeroSystems forward fuselage plant in Wichita, Kan., and at plants owned by Leonardo in Italy and Kawasaki in Japan that produce smaller fuselage sections.
Boeing is also inspecting every...
- U.S. FAA directive enshrines changes to Boeing 787 Dreamliner ... ›
- Boeing's 787 Dreamliner in the Hot Seat Over 'Shoddy Production ... ›
- ANA Boeing 787 Dual Engine Shutdown Upon Landing! - FliegerFaust ›
- Conserving CASH, Boeing Awards Stock Instead Of Pay Raises To Nonunion Employees To Stop The Cash Bleed - FliegerFaust ›
- Canada: Boeing 737 MAX Pilot Training Will Be Different From USA Says Transport Minister Garneau - FliegerFaust ›