DOJ probe expands beyond Boeing 737 MAX, includes 787 Dreamliner
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 29, 2019 - by Steve Miletich for seattletimes.com
Federal prosecutors have subpoenaed records from Boeing relating to the production of the 787 Dreamliner in South Carolina, where there have been allegations of shoddy work, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.
The subpoena was issued by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the sources said. DOJ is also conducting a criminal investigation into the certification and design of the 737 MAX after two deadly crashes of that jetliner.
The 787 subpoena significantly widens the scope of the DOJ's scrutiny of safety issues at Boeing.
The grand-jury investigation into the MAX has been cloaked in secrecy, but...
- Pilots Reveal Safety Fears Over Boeing's Fleet of 787 Dreamliners ... ›
- U.S. FAA directive enshrines changes to Boeing 787 Dreamliner ... ›
- Boeing Kept FAA In The Dark On KEY 737 MAX Design Changes - U.S. IG report - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing 737 MAX No Return In Service Before First Quarter 2021 - FliegerFaust ›
- Europe Regulator Sees November Lifting Of Boeing 737 MAX Flight Ban - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Support for MAX Brand Wavers As 737 MAX Jet Nears Green Light - FliegerFaust ›