The Latest Super Hornet F/A-18E/F Block III Offered To Canada - Not Like The Old F-18 You Know
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 10, 2020 - by JOSEPH TREVITHICK for thedrive.com
Beyond the Navy, Boeing is now pitching advanced Super Hornets, with at least some of the Block III upgrades, to foreign customers and is already developing a new life-extension upgrade for the F/A-18E/Fs.
Kuwait, which helped fund portion of the Block III program, already has 22 F/A-18Es and six F/A-18Fs on order that will be in a sort of hybrid configuration between Block II and Block III aircraft.
Germany also recently announced plans to acquire a mix of F/A-18E/F Super Hornets, as well as EA-18G Growlers, as part of its plans to replace its aging swing-wing Panavia Tornado combat jets. The German Tornado replacement effort is a saga that is separately tied to NATO nuclear weapons sharing agreements, which you can read about in more detail in this previous War Zone story.
- Boeing's New Spacecraft Gets Lost On Way To Space Station ... ›
- Boeing Increasingly Relied on Outsourced $9-An-Hour Engineers ... ›
- Boeing Engineering Plan Collapses... - FliegerFaust ›
- NEWS: Boeing Cancel Acquisition Of Embraer - FliegerFaust ›
- Mirabel A220 Production Ramp Up Paused And Will Not Resume Until The Middle of 2021 If Conditions Allow - FliegerFaust ›