Boeing Cuts 12,000 Jobs As China Virus COVID19 Seizes Travel Industry
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 29, 2020 - by The Associated Press for usatoday.com
Boeing is cutting more than 12,000 jobs through layoffs and buyouts as the coronavirus pandemic seizes the travel industry, and more cuts are coming.
One of the nation's biggest manufacturers will lay off 6,770 U.S. employees this week, and another 5,520 workers are taking buyout offers to leave voluntarily in the coming week.
Air travel within the U.S. tumbled 96% by mid-April, to fewer than 100,000 people on some days. It has recovered slightly. The Transportation Security Administration said it screened 264,843 people at airports on Tuesday, a drop of 89% compared with the same Tuesday a year ago.
Boeing had said it would cut 10% of a workforce that numbered about 160,000....
- Boeing Increasingly Relied on Outsourced $9-An-Hour Engineers ... ›
- Boeing closes the door on Embraer, opens one open for Mitsubishi ... ›
- NEWS: Boeing Resumes Work April 20 - Also Restarting Production ... ›
- China Virus: Qantas To Axe 6,000 Jobs Due To Pandemic - Grounding 100 Planes - FliegerFaust ›
- United Airlines Announces Biggest Pilot Job Cut In Its History - Over 20% - FliegerFaust ›