Did Boeing Telegraph Its Decision In February Consolidating 787 Production? Decision Made?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 24, 2020 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
Did Boeing telegraph plans to consolidate its 787 production in Charleston last February?
That's when Boeing announced it asked the Washington Legislature to cancel tax breaks granted in 2003 to locate what was then the only 787 production line, in Washington.
Given subsequent events in which Boeing in July said it will consider consolidating two lines into one, one must wonder if the decision is already made.
There's near unanimous conclusions by outsiders that Everett's days producing the 787 are numbered.
When Boeing said...
- Boeing's 787 Choice Could Gut Washington State's Aircraft Industry ... ›
- Remember Boeing's response to the Bombardier CSeries — What ... ›
- News: Boeing to Temporarily Suspend Puget Sound Production ... ›
- Could Union-Busting Save Boeing? Who's Laughing Now? - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing yanks eight 787s from service over new structural issue - FliegerFaust ›