Boeing, FAA Grapple With a Fourth 787 Dreamliner Production Flaw...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 11, 2020 - by David Shepardson
Boeing Co BA.N said late on Thursday it was in discussions with U.S. safety regulators about a manufacturing issue found last year in its 787 Dreamliner.
KOMO News Radio in Seattle reported the issue involved the vertical tail fin on the 787, citing federal records, and could affect 680 airplanes.
It was the fourth reported production issue disclosed in recent days involving the 787.
Asked about the latest issue, the Federal Aviation Administration reiterated on Thursday it "is investigating manufacturing flaws affecting certain Boeing 787 jetliners" but had made no decisions whether to issue new airworthiness directives.
KOMO said the issue involved excessive gaps that could pose a safety...
- Boeing Admits!! Again, Another New Quality Issue On The 787 And ... ›
- Experienced Crew Struggled With Instrument Flight After Boeing 737 ... ›
- Boeing Officially(ish) Rebrands The 737 MAX - Marketing Did Not ... ›
- Could The Boeing 777X Program Be Terminated? - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing on edge as a shrunken commercial jet industry limps into 2021 - FliegerFaust ›