Boeing 737 MAX Renamed on New Ryanair Planes
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 23, 2019 - for secretflying.com
Boeing has been accused of attempting to rebrand the troubled 737 MAX by using the name 737-8200.
Photos shared on social media show a new 737 MAX plane in Ryanair colours outside Boeing's manufacturing base in Renton,Washington, branding the name 737-8200.
HI-Res Photos: The MAX name has been dropped from the high capacity version of the #737MAX8 that @Ryanair has on order. pic.twitter.com/3q5QBN0TTg
— Woodys Aeroimages (@AeroimagesChris) July 15, 2019
The plane featured in the photo is one of 135 that Ryanair has on order.
Neither Ryanair nor Boeing has commented on nor confirmed the name change.
Further increasing suspicions that a name change is on the cards, when IAG signed a letter of intent for 200 of the controversial planes in June, there was no mention of the word "MAX" in the press conference.
The plane was simply referred to as "B737 aircraft."
In April, Donald Trump...
- Indian IT Companies Blamed for Boeing 737 MAX Crisis; HCL ... ›
- Video: Problems with Boeing 737 next generation with structural ... ›
- DOJ probe expands beyond Boeing 737 MAX, includes 787 ... ›
- Must Read - Boeing Built Deadly Assumptions Into 737 Max, Blind to ... ›
- FAA Issued Order Addressing Boeing 787 Localizer - Issues Airworthiness Directive - FliegerFaust ›