DARPA Scraps Boeing XS-1 Military Space Plane Project After Boeing Drops Out
The Phantom Express space plane is a ghost.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
January 24, 2020 - by Mike Wall for livescience.com
- The Phantom Express space plane is a ghost.
Phantom Express won't get off the ground after all.
Boeing has withdrawn from Experimental Spaceplane (XSP), a U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) program designed to increase the nation's access to space.
The aerospace giant had named its hypersonic concept vehicle Phantom Express. That moniker is now oddly appropriate, since the spacecraft will never take physical form.
"Following a detailed review, Boeing is ending our role in the Experimental Spaceplane (XSP) program immediately," company representatives said in a statement emailed to Space.com Thursday (Jan. 23).
"We will now redirect our...
- FAA: Corrosion in Airbus A220 and Embraer E2 Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- Boeing's 777X analyzed - FliegerFaust ›
- Door Blows Out During Ground Test on Boeing 777X Jet - FliegerFaust ›
- How Much Business $ Boeing Gets from Canada? Ah!!! - FliegerFaust ›
- Russia Now Has At Least 14 Combat Jets In Libya As Satellite Images Reveal New Details - FliegerFaust ›
- U.S. Army Flickr Page Inadvertently Reveals New Hypersonic Weapon Concept - FliegerFaust ›