Stop Hitting The Snooze Button, Boeing
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 9 , 2019 - by Scott Hamilton for leehamnews.com
I know Boeing is preoccupied right now. But it has to get off the pot and decide to proceed with a new airplane.
We believe the New Midmarket Airplane is still required. But Boeing salesmen have also floated the concept of a new, single-aisle airplane to key players in the market. Either way, Boeing has to do something.
At least, that's how we see it at Leeham Co.
The order last week by United Airlines for 50 Airbus A321XLRs should be a wake up call.
It's not the only one Boeing has had.
Wake Up calls
Boeing was riding high from 2015 to October 29, 2018, when the Lion Air crash happened. Even then, the accident—involving an airline with such a spotty safety record that the European Union banned it from flying to Europe—was considered a one-off...
"Boeing has to do something"
A supplier to Boeing (and to Airbus) told me last week, "Boeing has to do something." It needs to proceed with a new airplane...
- 737 MAX pilot sues Boeing for career damage, 'severe emotional ... ›
- antonov crash - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus Looks Undervalued & More Cash-Rich Than Boeing ... ›
- Boeing Will Build the Navy's New Autonomous Submarine ... ›
- Boeing shares slide after FAA discovered 'concerning' messages ... ›