Mitsubishi To Cancel Bombardier CRJ Acquisition? - US$500 Million Deal
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
10:00 (14:00 UTC) Quebec, Canada - May 5, 2020 - by Sylvain Faust for fliegerfaust.com
- Could the existing agreement between Boeing and Mitsubishi and the breakup between Boeing and Embraer be related to this story? Could the Mitsubishi partnership with Boeing be expanding?
Mitsubishi To Cancel Bombardier CRJ Acquisition?
Rumours have it that Mitsubishi could be announcing the cancellation of the acquisition of the CRJ (regional jet) assets from Bombardier.
Also, Bombardier would not be restarting production of the CRJ de facto cancelling the delivery of the last 14 aircraft to be delivered, thus "closing the shop" earlier than expected.
Back in June 2019 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ltd (MHI) announced the acquisition from Bombardier of its regional jet business for US$500 million. The deal comprised the CRJ program and its worldwide customer support infrastructure, -to be used for the benefit of a Mitsubishi machine newly designed from scratch, a regional jet aircraft named SpaceJet. The projected bird had been known earlier as the MRJ.
Could delays in the SpaceJet and the current world situation be the culprit?
Bombardier was to complete and production of the remaining CRJ aircraft and to terminate the program since Mitsubishi had not intention to keep producing the CRJ having a new aircraft of its own in the same market, the SpaceJet.
Could this be the only asset sale at Bombardier that would belly up?
Let's hope this is not the case…
Stay tuned for more…
Sylvain Faust for Fliegerfaust.com
PS: You would like to be first to know next time?
it's easy and painless - Do each of the following:
- 1- Subscribe to the Free Newsletter. Do it now, it is really FREE!
- 2- Like Fliegerfaust Facebook page!
- 3- Follow Fliegerfaust on Instagram!
- 4- Follow TheFliegerfaust twitter account!
- 5- Click and Visit some of our advertisers, this help keep Fliegerfaust free. They have some interesting stuff for you.
Thank you for your help and keep reading and sharing Fliegerfaust with others!
Original Fliegerfaust.com content is Copyright Fliegerfaust.com 2020
- Bombardier: "We lose $ 2 million for every (CRJ) plane we sell. It's ... ›
- Canada's pain Japan's gain, as Mitsubishi buys CRJ jet from ... ›
- Will Mitsubishi ever be able to recoup a huge investment it made in ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rethinking Spacejet delivery schedule ... ›
- Mitsubishi SpaceJet Retreat Is The Best News For Embraer In Months - FliegerFaust ›