Bombardier NI Reports Heavy Pre-Tax Loss For 2019 Despite Tripling A220/CSeries Wing Production
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 8, 2020 - by Ryan McAleer for www.irishnews.com
BOMBARDIER'S business in Northern Ireland reported a pre-tax loss of US$30.7 million (£23.8m) in 2019, despite tripling wing production.
The Canadian-owned aerospace operation, which makes wings for the Airbus A220 aircraft, is subject to ongoing takeover negotiations with US-based Spirit Aerosystems.
According to accounts filed by Bombardier's Belfast operation, which still reports as Short Bros PLC, turnover increased by just under five per cent to $890m (£691m) for the year ending December 31 2019, with the company ramping up production of commercial aircraft wings from 15 to 46.
Yet the accounts show the operation chalked up pre-tax losses of US$72.2m (£56m) in the 24 months to December 2019.
The report reveals that Bombardier's workforce dropped by...
- Charles Bombardier Priority #1 : "keeping control of the company ... ›
- Bombardier Inc - Its Real Value - by Sylvain Faust - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier To Lay Off 40% of Staff... - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier Plunges As It Slashes Profit And Revenue Forecasts ... ›
- Will Spirit AeroSystems Pursue Its Deal To Acquire Bombardier ... ›
- Spirit Aero CFO Resigns On Accounting Irregularity - FliegerFaust ›