Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 12, 2020 - by Jean Flottau for aviationweek.com
Prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, momentum seemed to be gathering for the launch of a larger Airbus A220-500. Is that still likely?
Aviation Week Executive Editor, Commercial Aviation, Jens Flottau responds:
Yes, Airbus will likely further stretch the A220 (formerly the Bombardier C Series). But when that will happen is another question. At the start of 2020, it appeared the proposed -500 would be launched within 2-3 years, given that the A220 program was expected to become profitable at relatively high production rates by 2025.
The COVID-19 pandemic, however, has stalled most spending on aircraft development—with the exception of the A321XLR.
Airbus will now almost certainly delay any launch of the -500 by several years....
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- Exclusive: Inside The Bombardier Belfast Factory After The Fire ... ›
- U.S. Detains Alleged Chinese Spy It Says Tried to Steal GE Trade ... ›
- Nolinor Aviation to Equip its Boeing 737-400 with the Lightest Seat ... ›
- China denounces U.N. aviation emissions plan in blow to industry ... ›