Bombardier planning major expansion at Belfast factory after CSeries trade battle win - No Expansion at Mirabel, Quebec CSeries Factory!
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
By Andrew Madden - Belfast Telegrap
("Je me souviens?" Since the Government of Quebec taxpayer's money investment of $1.3 billion to safe Bombardier from bankruptcy and the CSeries program:
- Investment in Mirabel, Quebec since/with the Government of Quebec $1.3 billion: None
- CSeries Job creation in Mirabel, Quebec home factory since/with the Government of Quebec $1.3 billion: None
- Investment for a new high tech CSeries assembly line in Mobile, Alabama, USA: $300+ million
- New CSeries Job creation in Mobile, Alabama, USA since/with the Government of Quebec $1.3 billion: 300+
- UK CSeries factory expansion since/with the Government of Quebec $1.3 billion: Yes (read this paper)
Aerospace giant Bombardier is going ahead with plans for an expansion of its wings factory, prompting renewed confidence in its C Series aircraft.
The firm, headed up by Belfast-born Michael Ryan, will be holding a public information event next week to discuss the expansion, which could see increased production and jobs at the plant.
The factory at Airport Road West covers an area of 52,567sq metres.
The proposals would see it extended by 17,000sq metres - roughly a third.
Bombardier refused to comment on the plans, which were originally mooted in 2011.
Ernie Arvai, co-founder of aerospace consulting firm AirInsight, said the move had the potential to ramp up C Series production as well as other projects.
"The expansion of the Belfast facility not only bodes well for the C Series, but also the potential that the expertise in resin transfer moulding and advanced composite wing manufacturing will be useful for other Bombardier business jets and potentially other Airbus commercial programs in the future as well," he said.
Bombardier employs around 4,000 in Northern Ireland, including 1,000 working on the C Series.
- Quebec Government CSeries Bombardier Partnership progressing ... ›
- Airbus says Alabama plans and New CSeries Jobs Creation at ... ›
- Opinion: Enough With the Hypocrisy, Boeing - FliegerFaust ›