Bombardier Selling Off Unique CSeries Technology - The Airbus A220 Wing
We must assume Bellmare wants more than Airbus has offered to pay. By opening up to competition he hopes more debt can be paid off by selling to the highest bidder.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 3, 2019 - by Bjorn Fehrm for Leeham News
- We must assume Bellmare wants more than Airbus has offered to pay. By opening up to competition he hopes more debt can be paid off by selling to the highest bidder.
Bombardier's CEO, Alain Bellemare announced yesterday the company will streamline to a Train and Business jet company.
This means there is no longer place for a Commercial aircraft division nor its Aerostructures parts in Belfast and Morocco serving these aircraft.
Belfast technology can bring needed cash to Bombardier
Bombardier is a debt-laden company. The CSeries development together with Global 7500 and Learjet 85 loaded Bombardier's balance sheet with nine billion dollars in debt. There is since years a high priority to lower this debt level while focusing the company on Trains and Business Jets.
The Belfast facility's key activity is doing wings for Airbus A220 aircraft. It also does nacelles and has won a future nacelle program for Airbus A320neo aircraft with Pratt & Whitney engines. Belfast also does fuselage sections for Bombardier's Business Jets but this is of a lesser scale than the Airbus engagement.
A unique composite wing
The wing for the A220 is made with a unique Resin Transfer Injection (RTI) process which is ideally suited for manufacturing wing structures in the size and quantities needed for the A220 series...
Why is the Belfast wing process so interesting?
- Video - Air Baltic Bombardier CS300 ULTIMATE COCKPIT MOVIE ... ›
- Bombardier Works on Composite Wings for Next Single-Aisle of Airbus ›
- Bombardier to Pitch for Future Airbus Composite Wing Work ... ›
- Bombardier completes acquisition of Global 7500 aircraft wing ... ›
- Bombardier Global 7500 Flight Test - FliegerFaust ›
- Factory Bombardier Is Trying To Sell To Spirit Aerosystems Is Burning - A220 Manufacturing - FliegerFaust ›