British Airways Warns As Many As 12,000 Jobs To Go
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 28, 2020 - by by Josephine Mason; Editing by Keith Weir for reuters.com
LONDON (Reuters) - British Airways plans to cut as many as 12,000 jobs in response to the coronavirus crisis that means that passenger numbers will take years to recover, its owner International Consolidated Airlines Group (ICAG.L) said on Tuesday.
IAG, which also owns Iberia, Aer Lingus and Vueling, reported first-quarter operating losses before exceptional items of 535 million euros ($580 million), compared with a profit of 135 million a year ago. Revenue dropped 13% to 4.6 billion euros.
IAG warned it expects results to get worse in...
- A British Airways Boeing 747 Just Broke The Subsonic Trans ... ›
- British Airways In Fight For Survival? - FliegerFaust ›
- British Airways: Crew Blast New Airbus A320NEO Because a Seat is ... ›
- British Airways Plane Catches Fire, Cabin Crew Handle Emergency ... ›
- British Airways Airbus A350 Collides With Emirates Boeing 777 ... ›
- British Airways BA65 makes double U-turn en route to Nairobi ... ›