US May Need to Nationalize Military Aircraft Industry, USAF Says
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 17, 2020 - by MARCUS WEISGERBER for www.defenseone.com
That's unless the Air Force can find a way to keep both competition and the few remaining U.S. plane-makers alive, the service's acquisition chief said.
The United States might need to nationalize parts of the military aviation sector if the Pentagon does not come up with new ways to buy planes that stimulate more competition in private industry, a top Air Force official warned.
Will Roper, the head of Air Force acquisition, spoke Tuesday morning as the service finalizes ambitious plans to buy a new series of combat fighter jets called the Digital Century Series.
"We have multiple...
- Pratt & Whitney Facing The Prospect Of Losing Engine Business ... ›
- Video: UFO Buzzes Japan Airline Crew - CIA Told FAA To Shut Up ... ›
- Here Are The Air Force's Reports On Aircrew Encounters With UFO ... ›
- SPACEFORCE! : He Knows Something... UFO? Aliens? President ... ›
- Former US Navy Pilot Explain Encounter With UFO + Recorded ... ›