As Most Airlines Scrap Jet Orders, One Tiny Carrier Is Throttling Up - Airbus A220 Only Fleet
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 21, 2020 - by Christopher Jasper for bloomberg.com
- East European carrier could bring forward Airbus deliveries
- CEO has got rid of older planes, sees opportunities in rebound
Airlines are doing everything they can to scrap or delay jetliner deliveries amid an unprecedented collapse in air travel. Not Air Baltic Corp.
The East European carrier has started talks with Airbus SE to accelerate handovers of its A220 model, Chief Executive Officer Martin Gauss said in an interview. The existing plan to assemble a fleet of 50 of the narrow-body jets by 2025 could come to fruition a couple of years early, he said.
The carrier has 30 more options for Airbus A220s that it could convert to expand its business, most likely to...
- Exclusive: Airbus Working On More Than One New A220 Models ... ›
- Bombardier's Global 7500 Aircraft Breaks Key Speed Record ... ›
- SCOOP: Bombardier NOT Selling Its Business Jet Division... But ... ›