Bombardier Challenger Business Jet to Take on Military Missions
With help from Bombardier's Specialized Aircraft division
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
February 20, 2019 - by Janes.com
Aquila Aerospace at Abu Dhabi's Al Bateen Airport has secured a contract to modify a Bombardier Challenger 650 aircraft to a multimission configuration for the UAE Air Force.
A follow-on contract for a second aircraft is expected to be awarded later. The aircraft will be equipped for a variety of missions, including maritime surveillance.
Bombardier's Specialized Aircraft division is supporting Aquila with engineering and technical assistance, but the modification work itself, plus integration, testing and certification to civil standards, will be undertaken by Aquila.
The first new-build Challenger 650 is scheduled to arrive in ready-for-modification state in late summer.
- US$3.6+ Billion Order for Bombardier - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: Bombardier Specialized Aircraft / Bombardier Avions ... ›
- Russia Now Has At Least 14 Combat Jets In Libya As Satellite Images Reveal New Details - FliegerFaust ›
- Satellite Image Showing RQ-170 Sentinel Near MQ-9 Reaper Gives Us Best Size Estimate Yet - FliegerFaust ›
- The US Air Force Wants To Buy Five E-11A - Built Using Bombardier Global Aircraft - FliegerFaust ›
- BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products) Suspends Delivery Of Aircraft Engines Used On Military Drones - FliegerFaust ›