UPDATED: World’s Biggest Cargo Plane To Ship Chinese PPE to Quebec - Mirabel Airport - China Is In Business ! (you?)
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 28, 2020 - by Steven Chase for theglobeandmail.com
Fliegerfaust Note Update 10:25 (14:25 UTC) April, 30: Planned landing at Mirabel Airport is Friday Mai 1, around 2pm local (18:00 UTC).
The cargo specialists arranging a massive shipment of personal protective equipment from China for the Quebec government have turned to the world's biggest aircraft to carry the load.
The Soviet-era Antonov AN-225 is scheduled to carry what will be the largest single delivery of personal protective equipment (PPE) to Canada later this week to Montreal's Mirabel Airport. The most recent flight plan calls for the huge aircraft to land on Thursday night.
Much of the freight is expected to be medical gowns that be can be used by health care workers.
Quebec's gear is taking a different route from some other shipments chartered by the federal government and provinces. The plane will pick up the PPE in the northern Chinese city of Tianjin rather than Shanghai.
The Tianjin airport is the only one where the AN-225, which weighs more than 285 tonnes and has a wingspan of more than 88 metres, is allowed to land in China....
- Did You Missed This: PLANE CRASH - Aircraft Plummets After Take ... ›
- Russia develops super heavy 500-ton Elephant transport aircraft ... ›
- The World's Largest Airplane Flies Again... - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing helps Antonov to Restart Serial Production - FliegerFaust ›
- Antonov An-74 makes belly landing in Mogadishu - FliegerFaust ›