Will an Airbus alliance with Bombardier pave the way for Canada to purchase Eurofighter?
Airbus officials made a pitch yesterday at a Quebec aerospace forum for a Canadian purchase of the Eurofighter Typhoon.
Airbus Canada President Simon Jacques, like his counterparts at Lockheed Martin Canada, called for an open and fair competition for the fighter replacement.
"We have a very good plane," he said, referring to the Typhoon. "If the tender comes out with criteria that are fair to everyone – that is to say that no matter the company – it's open and fair, if it's a real competition, absolutely we have a chance to win."
Airbus currently has the contract to provide the RCAF with a fleet of new search and rescue aircraft. Jacques has noted that Airbus is associated with a number of Canadian firms, such as CAE. A Canadian team would be designed to offer the Typhoon to the RCAF, he added.
- Video: Boeing's Reaction on Delta Ordering CSeries - FliegerFaust ›
- ByeBye - Boeing Defence Blacklisted by the Government of Canada ... ›
- List of the 10 Canadian Firms Supporting USA BOEING and NOT ... ›
- Trudeau says Canada 'won't do business' with Boeing ›
- Boeing Lost Another Military Contract with Canada, and There's More ›