China: AVIC looks to roll out first MA700 prototype in September - Engine made by Pratt & Whitney Canada
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
July 10, 2019 - by Bradley Perrett for atwonline.com
(The first MA700 should be rolled out in June 2019 before a few months of ground tests including taxi runs. The Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150C should get certification by 2019 end. Avic expects the EASA and FAA to validate the CAAC certification, anticipated for 2021 after 24 months of flight testing. Avic sibling Comac needed six years for the ARJ21 and the C919 may need at least four years: source)
The Aviation Industry Corp. of China (AVIC) has completed the forward fuselage section for the static test airframe of the MA700 turboprop airliner, as the program works toward rolling out the first prototype in September.
The manufacturing schedule has slipped by three months since 2018, when AVIC planned to roll out the prototype of the 78-seat aircraft in June 2019.
But in information provided to conference organizer Galleon, AVIC said it is still striving to make the first flight before ...
- Best TurboProp Airplane, ATR72 vs Q400 - FliegerFaust ›
- Why the ATR-72 sells better than the Q400 - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier SOLD The Q400 Division - Fliegerfaust Exclusive ... ›
- No New Turboprop From Embraer (Boeing) For Now - FliegerFaust ›
- Pratt & Whitney Forbidden To Deliver First PW150C Engine To AVIC - $3 Billion Contract - FliegerFaust ›