Taiwan's Ministry of Transportation open to changing China Airlines' name
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 14, 2020 - by Keoni Everington for taiwannews.com
- Taiwan's MOTC chief says he is open to renaming China Airlines if shareholders, public approve
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As Taiwan's national carrier China Airlines (CAL) gains international attention and confusion over its name grows, the head of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) indicated on Saturday (April 11) that he would be open to renaming the airline.
In recent months, CAL has gained international media attention for rescuing trapped Taiwanese citizens in China and for sending face masks and other medical supplies around the globe. However, because the airline's name includes "China" there is much confusion as to whether the recent wave of donations is coming from Taiwan or communist China.
On Feb. 3, pro-Taiwan independence group Taiwan Republic Office (台灣國辦公室) called for the airline's name to be changed to...
- Good News: China's Air Cargo Capacity Bounces Back To Pre ... ›
- A Tempest Rages Around Boeing's Quiet Island Outpost in China ... ›
- How China Could Challenge the Boeing-Airbus Duopoly ... ›
- Slowly But Surely, China Domestic Capacity Creeps Back Up ... ›