Chinese Authorities are Investigating FedEx Over Allegations it Damaged...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
June 2, 2019 - by Trefor Moss for wsj.com
SHANGHAI—Chinese authorities are investigating FedEx Corp. FDX -2.36% over allegations it damaged the interest of customers, state media reported, in the first action against a U.S. company amid U.S.-China heightening tensions over trade and technology.
In brief reports Saturday, state media cited unspecified national agencies as conducting the investigation. The reports alleged that Fedex had "not made deliveries according to the name and address" of the intended recipients in China and that harmed the Chinese customers.
Though the customers were not identified, Fedex earlier this past week apologized publicly for mishandling packages for Huawei Technologies Co., the Chinese telecom giant at the center of an escalating confrontation between Beijing and Washington.
Fedex didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about the investigation.
A Huawei spokesman confirmed an investigation into Fedex was under way after the Chinese company filed a complaint with authorities.
- Airbus and Boeing are Signing Economic Suicide Pacts with China ... ›
- China Developing Fifth-gen Stealth Fighter-bomber, Says U.S. ... ›
- US says it has detained alleged Chinese spy for trying to steal trade ›
- Boeing looks to FedEx to expand NMA business case - FliegerFaust ›
- Augmentation Du Trafic Aérien à l'Aéroport de Mirabel de Presque ... ›