China Conducts First Successful Flight of a Hypersonic Waverider Air Vehicle
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 7, 2018 - by Defence-Update
- Flying at the edge of the atmosphere waveriders use the shockwaves generated by their own hypersonic flight to glide at high speed.
- The wedge-shaped waverider bounces on the edge of the stratosphere, to maintain high speed and unpredictable trajectory path that makes it difficult for intercept by missile defenses.
China has successfully tested a hypersonic waverider air vehicle for the first time.
The vehicle flew and maneuvered at a speed of Mach 6. The Xingkong-2 waverider type vehicle was launched on a missile and after separation from the rocket launcher the Xingkong-2 (Sky Star) accelerated to the hypersonic speed and performed several maneuvers before it dropped to the surface and recovered.
Flying at the edge of the atmosphere waveriders use the shockwaves generated by their own hypersonic flight to glide at high speed. The test flight took place at the target range located in Northwest China on Friday, August 3, 2018.
- China targets export market with latest submarine designs - FliegerFaust ›
- 16 Pictures: New China CJ-1000AX First High-Bypass Turbofan ... ›
- Japan seeks role in French-German marine surveillance plane ... ›
- China: COMAC Development of C919 Program Advanced Steadily ... ›
- China moves closer to commissioning DF-41 ICBM after latest test ... ›