Beijing's new $63 billion mega-airport begins international flights
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 27, 2019 - by Ben Blanchard for reuters.com
Beijing's new $63 billion Daxing airport began its first scheduled international flights on Sunday as it ramped up operations to help relieve pressure on the city's existing Capital airport.
Shaped like a phoenix - though to some observers it is more reminiscent of a starfish - the airport was designed by famed Iraqi-born architect Zaha Hadid, and formally opened in late September ahead of the Oct. 1 celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the People's Republic of China. [nL3N26G11O]
It boasts four runways and is expected to handle up to 72 million passengers a year by 2025, eventually reaching 100 million.
China Southern Airlines and China Eastern Airlines will be the main domestic carriers at Daxing, though Air China will provide a small number of flights too...
- China Developing Fifth-gen Stealth Fighter-bomber, Says U.S. ... ›
- Not Good: China Claims It Can Find and Track the F-22 - Not a good ... ›
- China's meter wave anti-stealth radar capable of guiding missiles to ... ›
- China's Modern Ark 700 making progress - Powered by Pratt ... ›
- China: AVIC linked with move to acquire Bombardier Belfast ... ›
- China Aerospace News - AVIS MA700 - FliegerFaust ›