China: Beijing Warns US Trump of ‘Consequences’ if it Sells Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighter Jets to Taiwan
China: The US has to bear all the consequences triggered by the sales...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 19, 2019 - for rt.com
China has demanded that US cancel all military sales to Taiwan, otherwise it won't hesitate to retaliate. The warning came amid the ongoing trade war and the row over the massive Hong Kong protests.
The White House had greenlighted the sale of 66 F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan over the weekend.
This will be the second major arms deal with Taipei approved by Washington since July, when the US authorized the sale of more than 100 M1A2T Abrams tanks, as well as surface-to-air missiles.
Beijing, which considers Taiwan its territory, blasted the move and warned that it will retaliate against what it says violates the decades-old 'One-China policy.'
"The US has to bear all the consequences triggered by the sales," Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Geng Shuang, told reporters on Monday.
"China will take necessary measures to defend its self-interest based on the development of the situation."
- China Tests Hypersonic TBCC Engine Capable of Mach 6 ... ›
- China's meter wave anti-stealth radar capable of guiding missiles to ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- China Exploits Fleet of U.S. Satellites, made by companies like ... ›
- China Flies AG600 from the Sea, Suggests Assault Ship Could Operate Aircraft - FliegerFaust ›