China targets export market with latest submarine designs
a slew of new submarine concepts targeted at the export market
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Kelvin Wong - Jane's International Defence Review
12 December 2017
- Buoyed by recent successes with the Pakistan and Thai navies, Chinese naval shipbuilder China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation has recently unveiled a slew of new submarine concepts targeted at the export market
- New export concepts include 200-, 600-, and 1,100-tonne diesel-electric submarines
With decades of experience from submarine design and construction for the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), Chinese naval developers – led by the state-owned China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) – are looking to expand their presence on the world stage with indigenous export submarine designs having secured recent successes in Pakistan and Thailand.
Pakistan is acquiring eight S20 diesel-electric submarines based on the Yuan-class (Type 039A-series) design, with the first four boats to be built in China and deliveries commencing to the Pakistani Navy (PN) from 2022. The remainder will be built in Pakistan by the Karachi Shipbuilding and Engineering Works (KSEW).
Meanwhile, the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) signed a contract worth THB13.5 billion (USD390 million) with China ...
read all here http://www.janes.com/article/76304/china-targets-e...
- China's new submarine engine is poised to revolutionize ... ›
- Why Chinese submarines could soon be quieter than US ones ... ›
- Chinese Navy Gets New Nuclear Submarine ›