United Airlines Announces Biggest Pilot Job Cut In Its History - Over 20%
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 28, 2020 - by Tracy Rucinski for reuters.com
United Airlines (UAL.O) is preparing for the biggest pilot furloughs of its history after announcing on Thursday the need to cut 2,850 pilot jobs this year, or about 21% of the total, without further U.S. government aid.
Airlines, reeling from the devastating impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic on air travel, have asked the U.S. government for another $25 billion to cover employee payroll through March.
The first tranche, which banned any job cuts until Oct. 1, expires at the end of September, but...
- Boeing Will Cut Production And Jobs Further, And May Build 787 ... ›
- American Airlines To Lay Off 19,000 Workers - FliegerFaust ›
- Boeing Cuts 12,000 Jobs As China Virus COVID19 Seizes Travel ... ›
- China Virus: Qantas To Axe 6,000 Jobs Due To Pandemic ... ›
- HOT: United Airlines Permanently Eliminates Domestic Change Fees - FliegerFaust ›