How to Make Awful Cookies and Brownies - Military Grade
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 28, 2020 - by US Department of Defense Food Engineering
COOKIES, OATMEAL; AND BROWNIES; COCOLATE COVERED
This specification is approved for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense.
- 1.1Scope. This specification covers chocolate covered oatmeal cookies and chocolate covered brownies inflexible bags for use by the Department of Defense as a component of operational rations.
- 1.2Classification. The product shall be of the following types as specified (see 6.1): Type I - Brownies, chocolate covered
Type II - Oatmeal cookies, chocolate covered
- 2.APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS
- 2.1Government documents
- 2.1.1Specifications, standards and handbooks. The following specifications, standards, and handbooks form a part of this document to the extent specified herein. Unless otherwise specified, the issues of these documents are those listed in the issue of the Department of Defense Index of Specifications and Standards (DODISS) and supplement thereto, cited in the solicitation (see 6.1)
AMSC N/A FSC 8920
DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT A. Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.
L-P-378 - Plastic Sheet and Strip, Thin Gauge, Polyolefin QQ-A-1876 - Aluminum foil
PPP-B-636 - Boxes, Shipping, Fiberboard STANDARDS
FED-STD-595- Colors MILITARY
MIL-STD-105 - Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes
MIL-STD-129 - Marking for Shipment and Storage
(Unless otherwise indicated, copies of federal and military specifications, standards, and handbooks are available from the Standardization Documents Order Desk, Building 4D, 700 Robbins Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094.)
- 2.1.2Other Government documents, drawings, publications. The following other Government documents, drawings, and publications form a part of this document to the extent specified herein. Unless otherwise specified, the issues are those cited in the solicitation.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACENCY (EPA)
National Primary Drinking Water Regulations
(Copies are available from the Office of Drinking Water, Environmental Protection Agency, WH550D, 401 M Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20460.)
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRIGULTURE (USDA)
Regulations Governing the Inspection of Eggs and Egg Products (7 CFR Part 59) (Copies are available from Poultry Division, Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S.
Department of Agriculture, Room 3932, South Building, P.O. Box 96456, Washington, DC 20090-6456.)
U.S. Standards for Grades of Shelled Almonds
U.S. Standards for Grades of Shelled Pecans
U.S. Standards for Shelled English Walnuts
(Copies are available from the Head, Standardization Section, Fresh Products Branch, Fruit and Vegetable Division, Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Room 2056, South Building, Washington, DC 20090-6456.)
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS)
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and regulations promulgated thereunder (21 CFR Parts 1-199)
(Copies are available from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402-0001.)
- 2.2Non-Government publications. The following documents form a part of this document to the extent specified herein. Unless otherwise specified, the issues of the documents which are DOD adopted are those listed in the issue of the DODISS cited in the solicitation. Unless otherwise specified, the issues of documents not listed in the DODISS are the issues of the documents cited in the solicitation (see 6.1).
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CEREAL CHEMISTS (AACC)
Approved Methods of the American Association of Cereal Chemists
(Application for copies should be addressed to the American Association of Cereal Chemists, 3340 Pilot Knob Road, St. Paul, MN 55121.)
AMERICAN OIL CHEMIST SOCIETY (AOCS)
Official and Tentative Methods of the American Oil Chemists Society
(Application for copies should be addressed to the American Oil Chemists Society, 508 South Sixth Street, Champaign, IL 61820.)
AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR TESTING AND MATERIALS (ASTM)
D 882 - Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
D 1238 - Flow Rates of Thermoplastics by Extrusion Plastometer D 1505 - Density of Plastics by Density Gradient Technique
(Application for copies should be addressed to the American Society for Testing and Materials, 1916 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-1187.)
ASSOCIATION OF OFFICIAL ANALYTICAL CHEMISTS (AOAC)
Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists
(Application for copies should be addressed to AOAC International, 2200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 400-CD, Arlington, VA 22201-3301.)
NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Food Chemicals Codex
(Application for copies should be addressed to the National Academy Press, 2101 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20418.)
(Non-Government standards and other publications are normally available from the organizations that prepare or distribute the documents. These documents also may be available in or through libraries or other informational services.)
- 2.3Order of precedence. In the event of a conflict between the text of this document and the references cited herein, the text of this document takes precedence. Nothing in this document, however, supersedes applicable laws and regulations unless a specific exemption has been obtained.
- 3.1First article. When specified (see 6.1), a sample shall be subjected to first article inspection (see 6.2), in accordance with 4.4.
- 3.2Ingredients. All ingredients shall be clean, sound, wholesome, and free from foreign material, evidence of rodent or insect infestation, extraneous material, off-odors, off-flavors, and off-colors.
- 3.2.1Sugar. Sugar shall be white, refined, granulated, cane or beet sugar. Powdered sugar of equivalent quality may be substituted for part of the granulated sugar in the brownie formula to control spread.
- 3.2.2Oatmeal. Oatmeal shall be the commercial product known as quick cooking oatmeal. It shall have natural rolled oat flavor and odor and shall be clean and free from burned particles, rancid, musty, sour, or other undesirable flavors and odors.
Flour. Flour for brownies shall be enriched wheat flour made from hard or soft wheat, shall...