Airbus Says Zero-Carbon Regional Jet May Arrive as Soon as 2030s
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Airbus SE could potentially build an emission-free, 100-seat regional aircraft by the early 2030s, as the aviation industry speeds its response to mounting concern over air travel's carbon footprint, according to the head of the planemaker's new-product development arm.
The European manufacturer is working on multiple methods to reduce carbon-dioxide emissions, Sandra Bour Schaeffer, chief executive officer of Airbus ExO Alpha, said in an interview Saturday ahead of the Dubai Airshow.
Airlines and planemakers are under intense scrutiny over the industry's role in contributing to global warming.
But their ability to respond is limited by development cycles lasting a decade or longer and products that can last 50 years. Meanwhile, rising air traffic is adding to pressure on the sector to come up with a response...
- Boeing's Hypersonic Plane to be also a Hyper Polluter (video ... ›
- No Climate Emergency say 500 Scientists to UN - YouTube ›
- Labour Explores Plans To Ban Private Jets From UK From 2025 ... ›
- Airbus Perlan Mission II soars to over 62,000 feet, setting second ... ›
- Video: Traffic Officer in China Uses Drones To Give "Orders" From ... ›