China Comac “a true dumpster fire of an organisation..."
China's C919 commercial jet aspirations are overblown and no threat to Boeing or Airbus, Washington think tank finds
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
- Centre for Strategic and International Studies gives a wholesale rejection of Beijing's dream to break up commercial aircraft duopoly
- Any US sanctions on the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China also said to be 'counterproductive', as China could retaliate by not buying from US companies such as Boeing
Beijing's plan to make its own commercial aircraft to break up the duopoly of Boeing and Airbus remains a costly pipe dream, according to a Washington-based think tank.
Kennedy also said it is "misleading to call the C919 a Chinese plane, because almost all of its components, including everything that keeps the plane aloft, are imported".
While Beijing has pumped at least US$45 billion into the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac) to make commercial planes, including the C919 passenger jet, the odds that China can make the project a success "are between slim and none", said Scott Kennedy, a senior adviser at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies who is responsible for the research.
"Comac has received massive state funding and global attention, but it is not in the same league as the world's top commercial aircraft manufacturers – Boeing, Airbus, Embraer and Bombardier," Kennedy said in a note published on Monday. Comac is not even as...
- China COMAC C919 is similar to the 30 years older base design of ... ›
- President Trump - US Government Weighs Blocking Engine Supply ... ›
- Technology - Aircraft Testing - COMAC vs Bombardier - Oops ... ›
- Chinese Comac C919 Delayed Again? - AirInsight - FliegerFaust ›
- Embraer/Brazil-COMAC/China : The Dream Marriage? - FliegerFaust ›