Airspaces Could Be Shut Down If Coronavirus Worsens, Citi Strategist Says - Did You Missed This?
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
April 7, 2020
by Chloe Taylor for cnbc.com
Countries may consider closing their airspaces in the next few weeks if the coronavirus continues to spread across borders, a market strategist told CNBC on Friday.
In an interview with "Squawk Box Europe," Mark Manduca, managing director and associate director of research for EMEA at Citi, compared coronavirus to other "blind corners" in aviation's history.
"There are a couple of instances in history you can look at here that have some sort of resonance. One would obviously be the SARS event going back six years, the other would be the ash cloud event of 2010," he said, referring to the effects of a volcano eruption in Iceland.
"And believe it or not, the...
- United States and Canada Are About To Announce The Shutdown ... ›
- Airlines Must Issue Refunds, Not Vouchers, for Flights Impacted by ... ›
- Boeing Sharing The "Dream Lifter" To Fight The Coronavirus ... ›
- What to do if your travel plans are impacted by the coronavirus ... ›
- Icelandair Fires All Flight Attendants, Will Replace Them With Pilots... But! - FliegerFaust ›