Oxford University Researchers Are Confident They Can Roll Out Coronavirus Vaccine Within 6 Months - COVID-19
Trial Begins This Month...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
- This 'best case scenario' is much sooner than the 12 to 18 month period touted
- More than 500 volunteers will begin tests this month, lasting until September
A coronavirus vaccine could be ready as early as autumn, leading scientists behind a major UK trial say.
Oxford University researchers are confident they can roll out a jab for the incurable disease within the next eight months.
This 'best case scenario' is much sooner than was previously touted. Britain's chief scientific adviser said it would be at least 2021 until a vaccine was ready.
But the Oxford team, one of hundreds worldwide racing to develop a COVID-19 cure, warned it will be 'challenging' if the outbreak peaks before a jab is ready for trials.
With no tests available to identify who has already been infected it could be difficult to find unexposed people to take part in the trial, the researchers say.
More than 500 volunteers aged between 18 and 55 have signed up to the trial and will begin tests towards the end of the month.
Modelling by researchers at the University of Washington predicts Britain will hit its peak on April 17. So far the virus has killed 7,100 and infected 55,000 in the UK.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Is Slowing Down, End Of Pandemic Is Near ... ›
- Young and Adventurous: Tips for Young Travelers Taking Their First ... ›
- An Airline Fires Another 1600 Staff, Permanently - FliegerFaust ›
- Don’t Get Over-Optimistic On COVID-19 Vaccine News - FliegerFaust ›