Plane Stolen Crashes Hours Later
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
An investigation is underway after deputies say a small plane was stolen in Jefferson County and crashed near La Push, critically injuring the suspect, who was pulled from the wreckage nearly 12 hours later by a Navy rescue team and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Deputies said they received a report Tuesday of a suspicious person trying to rent a plane at Jefferson County International Airport to fly to Astoria, Oregon; however, the person couldn't show a pilot's license or insurance after being asked.
continue reading below...
The crew of Rescue 75 conducted a rescue today for an aircraft crash in the vicinity of La Push, WA. The subject was extricated and transported to @harborviewmc without incident. #soothersmaylive #flynavy #sar #pnw #helicopterrescue pic.twitter.com/90Cdb3FZly
— NAS Whidbey Island SAR (@NaswiSar) August 20, 2020
Investigators say the suspect, identified as 59-year-old Richard Jordal, was then referred to Tailspin Tommy's, another plane rental business at the airport.
Deputies said the plane's GPS showed it was flying over the...
- Plane Crash In Georgia Kills Family Of 5 Traveling To A Funeral ... ›
- Plane Crash : A Baby and 2 Adults Killed When a Small Plane ... ›
- Twin airline pilots retire by landing at Heathrow together - FliegerFaust ›
- Video: Airbus A321 Birdstrike and Crash Landing Moscow - 15 Aug ... ›
- us-navy boeing f/a-18e/f super hornet has made a crash landing on ... ›
- 3 Injured After Small Plane Crash In Tampa, Florida - FliegerFaust ›