CSeries, the long-ranger for thin routes - Leeham News
CS300 will pass the range of the MAX 8.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 16, 2017
At the end of 2014, we predicted the Boeing 737 MAX 8 would be used by LCCs to open new long-range destinations. And sure enough, the fourth MAX 8 off the line went to Norwegian Air Shuttle, for trans-Atlantic operations.
The Bombardier CSeries launch of operations from London City Airport last week gave us the chance to discuss CSeries long-range characteristics with Rob Dewar, VP CSeries program at Bombardier.
With the improved performance data to be announced, the CS300 will pass the range of the MAX 8.
- At an equivalent load (standard 2 class or HD cabins) the CS300 flies further than the 737 MAX 8.
- It will transport about 30 fewer passengers, in higher comfort and at lower trip costs.
- The seat mile costs will be only slightly higher than the 737 MAX 8
- Video: Boeing's Reaction on Delta Ordering CSeries - FliegerFaust ›
- ByeBye - Boeing Defence Blacklisted by the Government of Canada ... ›
- Bombardier livrera 22 C Series en 2017 - FliegerFaust ›
- Bombardier Is Running Out of Space and Out of Time - by Normand ... ›
- CSeries Production Update - 3rd Party Involvement and more ... ›