Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
Montreal-Mirabel, July 26, 2014 - 13:37
Some CSeries Updates?
Here's what I see from my deck while drinking my third coffee… I feel like I have to let you know a bit more.What a great story is CSeries, great innovation, hey, nothing's easy (if it is, it is probably not worth it).
- Only engine #7, not the infamous #1 known for burning more oil than my deep fryer, will be completing the 500 ignition test cycle to satisfy Transport Canada. (PS please Pratt & Whitney, repeat after me "I will never do any more test to a CSeries engine while it's attached to a wing!")
- Over half of the test cycles are done, I'm "assuming" a week from completion, working around the clock (Pratt &Whitney is working 3 shift, way to go P&W!)
- FTV2 C-GWYD will be the first one to get back in the sky. "I can't wait" (saw my YouTube video about FTV2's first flight?)
- After FTV2 is back in the sky, I'm assuming 3 to 4 weeks before "all" FTV are, FTV4 being the last one flying, unless… (Someone says "in a few weeks"… oh no!)
- FTV2 will quickly move to Wichita BFTC/Bombardier Flight Test Centre. (Yes, in Canada we write "Centre" not "Center", British heritage, but in French, it is also "Centre"… I'll stop right there.)
- FTV5… Wow! Looking for that slick paint job :-) Oh, Seats! Yes!
- Who will get the first 19 CS100? (Oh! I'm supposed to have "answers", but, let's start with the question first!)
- Ah, no, not another riddle? Do you think you really know who will be CSeries Launch Customer? You think you know hey (I'm Canadian Hey…)
- Enough for now…
Stay tuned… and… enjoy! (Life is short)